Back in the 80's


Photograph by Bien Canunayon
/Hair by Vivien Canunayon
/MU by yours truly


Madonna: Back in the 80's

Holla! How are you guys! I'm trying to be active despite of my hectic schedule. As well as I'm trying to put up a much more quality content on my blog. These past few weeks I feel frustrated because of my review to our up-coming qualifying exam, wish me luck guys! Anyway, I would like to thank you guys for reading and visiting my blog. I'm trying to do my best to stay on track and discover more.

-> Madonna, Iconic star since 80's. I always like her undying performances. Her uniqueness and groove as a performer. Back in the 80's, she is not only known because of her performances but also to her style. She is one of the iconic fashionistas up until now. 

For my best friend's project which themed retro which was on my recent blog, this was the first idea that we come up but we change it despite of the essence of the theme. As we thought of Madonna and in modern era we also try to achieve the 80's vibe. Although, we thought that this idea will satisfy the criteria of the theme but sadly it wasn't. So we decided to upload this pictures even though it is not the one he submitted. 



The first look is all about being bold and confident, most girls back then wore outfits like stripes, jacket, colorful leggings, legwarmers and deadly heels (well, girl power I say!). As my jewelry, a chain-like necklace and a big pair of earrings.

Second, I wore a kind of hippie and colorful clothing. Also, the fringe and Aztec was two of the trademarks of 1970's that brought up in 1980's until today. I combined it with chunky and colorful necklaces, bracelets and earrings.

Lastly, this look had a little touch of polka dots although it was in the trend of 1950's. We want to point out that fashion trademarks never dies until now. It clearly being brought up decade by decade yet having a changes and alterations of it but has the same thought. I matched it with blue laced sleeve blouse, jacket and the same accessories. 

For the makeup, I was inspired by the makeup of Madonna and pair it with a classic red lipstick.

Hope I achieved this 1980's vibe. Until the next! 

Paalam! (Bye!)
-Nacy Garay



Popular posts from this blog

Manila Fashion Festival 2016

Girl Boss